Mosquitoes require fresh standing water sources for laying eggs and for larval mosquitoes to grow into adult mosquitoes. We’ve created 5 easy tips for you to discourage mosquito reproduction on your property.
1. TIP. Tip anything around your home that can collect water from rain or your sprinkler system. Cups, planters, buckets and kids toys are easy to overlook, but all make a great water source for mosquitoes.
2. TOSS. Remove lawn clippings, leaves, yard waste and other trash from your yard. A bottle cap provides enough water for mosquito eggs & larvae to flourish.
3. TURN. Turn over large items in your yard that hold water like kiddie pools, sandboxes or plastic toys. If it is a bird bath, clean it out 2x a week and refill with fresh water.
4. REMOVETARPS. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, grills or boats aren’t taut, they’re holding water. Make sure tarps are taut or remove them completely.
5. TREAT. Call Mosquito Squad. Our mosquito control barrier treatment eliminates up to 90% of the mosquitoes on your property. Remember that mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance; they can carry dangerous diseases such as West Nile virus, Zika, Malaria, Encephalitis and more.
Contact us today to sign up for mosquito control in Worcester. 877-78-SQUAD (877-787-7823)